If you are experiencing Lagging or Crashing please check below for the potential causes.
Antivirus, Firewall, Personal IPS, Anti-Spyware/Malware
In certain cases lagging and crashing has been related to active Anti-Virus or security services applications.
StocksToTrade transfers a lot of data in order to obtain stock information for every stock on the market.
If you are experiencing crashing or interface response delays please try the following steps:
- Temporarily disable your security solution (Anti-Virus, Firewall, IPS, Anti-Spyware/Malware)
- close and restart StocksToTrade
- check whether the issue is resolved.
If StocksToTrade is able to run while your security solution is disabled, you will need to add an exception to it in order to allow the application to run properly.
Please refer to he online manual of your security solution for details on how to add expections/allow programs to run.
System and Internet specifications below minimum requirements
StocksToTrade does require a certain amount of system resources in order to run smoothly.
We have established the minimum system requirements in this page: 1.2 - System Requirements
If your system specifications do not match or surpass the minimal requirements, you may experience lagging or crashing when attempting to run StocksToTrade.
How to deal with a crash?
If you are experiencing a crash and do not fall within the cases mentioned above, you may be victim of an unknown bug.
Please send an email to email@example.com and provide the following information.
- Operating System, CPU, RAM, Graphics adapter
- If possible a list of installed applications exported as text file
- Do you have an antivirus? Which one?
- Was is it a clean install or an update?
- Are you running a 64-bit or a 32-bit
- Was the crash immediately at the opening/installing? What message did you get?
- What type of internet connection do you have
- did restarting the application fix the issue?
- If the application was running, How many tabs did you have open?
- Screenshots or a video of the issue would also help us better understand the problem and come up with a solution.
- For Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\StocksToTrade : Clearing the StocksToTrade Data Directory on Windows
- For Mac: ~/Library/Preferences : Mac OSX - Accessing StocksToTrade Data files