In order to keep the discussions on topic and civilized, please be sure to read the Forum rules below.
- Be polite and do not use bad language.
- Tickers must be prefixed by a “$”. Stock chat abbreviations can be found below (and should never be in CAPS). There is also a list of general chat abbreviations below.
- We are not investors. The chat room is not the place in-depth due diligence on stocks you are trading.
- Avoid pumping, promoting or discrediting a stock without proper references. If there are relevant news associated with your comments, please share that information as well as the link
- If you post a stock alert, please indicate the basis for the alert. Simply posting about a stock without any additional information may lead to confusion.
- Significant abuses can lead to completely banning a subscriber from the chat. Significant abuses that will lead to banning from chat include but are not limited to: spamming, harassment of other users, use of sexually demeaning or racist language, and encouraging people to violate the law.
Ownership of and responsibility of the comments made in the forumm remains with those who type the comments. We (StocksToTrade.com Inc. ) are not responsible for the statements made in the chat room by individuals taking part in the conversations. We reserve the right to ban anyone from the forum at our sole discretion. We (StocksToTrade.com Inc.) are not financial advisers. We do not provide financial advice in any way or form. We cannot tell you whether you should or shouldn’t make a trade. All traders are responsible for making their own trading decisions about what and when to trade.
Stock chat abbreviations
- a/n — Afternoon
- b/o – Breakout
- o/n – Overnight
- pre – Pre-market trading
- a/h – After-hours trading
- eod – End of day
- e/r – Earnings release
- adr – Average daily range of a stock over a number of days (the larger the number the more volatile the stock).
- l/f – Low float stock (very few shares oustanding, generally under 10 million, so these stocks can move a lot on low volume)
- ss – Short sell
- L2 – Level 2 stock quotes
- hod – High of the day (not including pre-market data)
- nhod – New high of the day (used when a stock has broken above a previous high)
- 52h – 52 week highs
- lod – Low of the day (not including pre-market data)
- nlod – New low of the day (used when a stock has broken below a previous low)
- 52l – 52 week highs
- sup – Support
- res – Resistance
- red – A stock that is below its previous day’s close
- green – A stock that is above its previous day’s close
- r/g – A stock going from red to green
- g/r – A stock going from green to red
- etb – Easy to borrow (shares to short)
Common community abbreviations
- idk – I don’t know
- iirc – If I remember correctly
- imho / imo – In my (humble) opinion
- ttyl – Talk to you later
- lol – Laughing out loud
- pm – Private message
- tia – Thanks in advance
- ty – Thank you
- yw – You’re welcome
Common stock-related abbreviations
- MM – Market maker
- CP – Centerpoint Securities
- IB – Interactive Brokers
- STT – Stockstotrade